Friday, October 15, 2010

Turning 21

My birthday is this Sunday -- October 17. I'll be 21. Party time, right? Time to get wasted? Nah, probably not, though I'll probably have some drinks.

I'm going to be spending most of the day working which automatically sucks, but then I spend the evening with my family and the later part of the night probably hanging out with friends. Though this has pretty much been the formula for my birthday every year since high school, it doesn't bother me. I still enjoy myself and I get to have some fun.

However, the one thing I've come to hate, more than anything, about my birthday is trying to figure out what I want. The simple answer is that for the past few years I've never really wanted nor needed anything. Anytime a CD or movie comes out I usually buy it myself since it seems like none of this stuff comes out around my birthday and I'd rather not wait to get my hands on it. I've tended to purchase my own things since getting a job and having a paycheck, so by the time my birthday rolls around I'm pretty much set.

I also hate answering with "nothing really" or "just get me a gift card" when anyone -- family or friends -- ask me what I'd like for my birthday, or even Christmas. The answer is really just that. I don't even need anything. Call it cheesy or corny if you'd like, but of late I've realized that all I really care to have on my birthday is just fun with my friends and family.

1 comments:

Kate Weber said...

I didn't technically miss your birthday, but I did miss this post. (It was kind of a crazy day.) Happy Birthday!

I hope it was the most amazing ever!

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers