Friday, December 17, 2010

O, Christmas Tree, O, Christmas Tree!

My dad and I went out to the local Home Depot a few days ago to pick out our tree for this season. Normally, we put up a fake tree. This is the second year running we've done a live tree -- last year as a favor for my mom, and this year because my grandpa is flying out from the other side of the country to spend the holidays with us. I must say, I think I prefer the live one.

We just finished getting the ornaments up yesterday, and I took some time to take a few pictures.

******************************

This first picture was taken with the flash on, so you can better see the ornaments. I'm six feet tall, so judging by that I'd say the tree is roughly seven feet, maybe shorter. I think this is a Noble Fir tree, though I keep forgetting the details really.



By the way, those boxes at the forefront aren't real presents. They were made out of yarn by my mom.

And now, without the flash, with the full effect of the lights...


Here are some close ups of the angel, both with and without flash.



Close up of the branches, with lights and ornaments in focus...


Flash on, detailed picture of some of the ornaments...


We have a lot of Disney related ornaments. This Mickey Mouse is one of my favorites...


My mom made a lot of these when I was younger. She really likes to sew...


And just another picture of the tree, close up...


And that's all I took. Once again, Happy Holidays, everyone!

0 comments:

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers