Friday, December 24, 2010

The First in a Long Time

For the first time in years, I actually feel excited for Christmas.

I'm not really full of Christmas spirit, but I'm at least ready for a fun day tomorrow.

Christmas hasn't always been the most exciting thing for me or my family. For my mom and my older brother, it usually brings out a lot of sadness for reasons I won't get in to. For the rest of the family, the Christmas season of several years ago marked a turning point that has left the family more divided than ever.

Despite the fact that this is supposed to be "the most wonderful time of the year", full of merry and jolly people, I see more cranky and moody people than I do others. Perhaps it's because of the strain it puts on us -- trying to make ends meet to get your loved ones presents. In this particular economy, this is probably even harder.

However, in spite of all that, I feel happy for the first time in a long time.

Maybe it's because my grandpa is spending it with us, the first time he's ever done so.

Maybe it's because I actually truly wanted something this year, instead of half-assing a Christmas list full of items I couldn't care less about.

Maybe it's because I've felt happier than I have in months thanks to people I've met, things I've done, and things I'm looking for.

Whatever the reason(s), I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm not letting anything damper my mood. I may not be in the Christmas spirit per se, but I can start to get it back by feeling happy about it.

I'll try to get to another song review after Christmas. Until then, to all of you out there, Merry Christmas!


0 comments:

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers