Thursday, September 30, 2010

Learn to Drive!

I admit I'm not the best driver. I speed, I sometimes cut people off by accident, and I sometimes don't look where I'm going. However, I like to think that I do such things due to lapses in judgment. Of course, there are also sometimes people who really are just crap drivers.

In the span of an hour's worth of driving, I came across ten drivers that caused trouble for either me or for other cars on the road, and each one was caused by impatience. On my way to school this morning I came across seven of those ten, and the remaining three were on my way home. In each of these moments, these drivers either caused gridlock, near-collisions, general annoyance, and in one instance even caused a fire truck and ambulance some problems.

Now, the callout:
  • Driver #1 - What the damn hell?! You ran through two red lights in a row because you were too impatient to wait? The first didn't bother me too much, but the second time you nearly rear-ended the driver in front of you. Nice move.
  • Driver #2 - Thanks for almost clipping the back of my car during that lane change. You don't need to change lanes faster than a speeding bullet, you know...
  • Drivers #3, #4, and # 5 - Holy FUCKING shit! What part of "KEEP CLEAR" did not a single one of you asshats get?! Let's make a quick return to driving school: you should've been taught NOT to block intersections. It's not some stupid rule to prevent you from getting to your destination, it's because it's rude! Have some patience for fuck's sake! Do you know how annoying it is for someone else trying to get through and they can't because some morons are blocking the way? Yeah, trust me, you'd be thinking the same thing if it were the other way around. Quick blocking the intersections.
  • Driver #6 - Same thing to you like #2. Be more patient with lane changes, and don't take them so fast. I'd rather not lose my front bumper.
  • Driver #7 - Do NOT force your way into traffic! I know there are some dicks out there that won't let so much as a motorcyclist in front of them, but you don't do the other way around either. Inch forward if you need to but don't step on your accelerator and cut someone off. Besides, it wasn't as if I wasn't letting you in anyway, you were just being a bitch. Also, fuck you for not thanking me.
  • Driver #8 - LOOK before you pull out into traffic! Not just left, not just right, but both ways, dammit! The last thing I need is to plow into you.
  • Driver #9 - Talking on your cell phone while driving is illegal in this state. Personally, I don't care. The difference between you and I is that I can apparently control my car while talking. You couldn't. Either pull off to the side of the road when talking on your phone, or don't answer at all. Or get a bluetooth. Either way, your ability to multitask sucks.
  • Driver #10 - You did not have the right of way on that green light. When turning left, you're supposed to yield to the cars opposite of you turning right. You didn't, and so you cut me and another driver off, and caused us to slam on our breaks. Ergo, you suck.
Yeah, I realize that I'm coming off frustrated. In my defense, I saw too many of these instances in just the span of an hour, and that's bad. Believe me, I know people make driving mistakes, but I can personally attest to the fact that each and every single one of these drivers' behavior was the same for as long as I saw them. Thus, I feel safe in saying they probably drive like that all the time.

Did anyone get hurt? Were any cars damaged? The answer's no. It doesn't matter, however. There's no excuse for driving like this, and for anyone to be so impatient and drive like maniacs or block people off do not deserve to be on the road.

2 comments:

Kate Weber said...

I hate people who are in such a hurry that they risk their own safety and the safety of everyone around them. The thing I hate the most is when someone pulls into the turning lane to get into the flow of traffic. It pisses me off. I deliberately slow down so they have to wait longer.

Kevin said...

Lol, I tend to speed up to prevent drivers from getting in front of me when they force their way in. Not the best idea, but it's funny.

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers