Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's a beautiful morning.

This is day four since starting this blog. Not much has really taken shape yet, but there's always hope. As of this moment, I'm probably in one of the best moods I can remember being in a long time and a large part of it is the fact that I had the best night of sleep in weeks.

When I was first told that power would be shut off at my neighborhood at 11:30 pm last night, I was annoyed. Many people my age don't fall asleep until much later and I wondered just what I was going to do until I actually got sleepy -- and then I realized that I really should get to bed. It had been a long day and I had school the next day. So I rolled over, laying on my side and staring at nothing until I did fall asleep.

I didn't regret it. I woke up at 7:00 this morning. It wasn't quite the recommended 8 hours of sleep people are often told they should get, but that didn't matter. It was not the fact I got more sleep than usual that was the best part. Actually, what made it the best sleep was that I had absolutely nothing to deter me from soundless, dreamless sleep.

No dreams; no nightmares; no getting up in the middle of the night because I'm thirsty or hungry; and, best of all, no nagging, dispirited thoughts like what had haunted me almost all of yesterday. I know for a fact it helped that I spilled out my fears and feelings to someone who was there to listen, and who took every word I had to say with compassion and understanding. And for that, I thank her from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, Kate. I honestly can't say it enough. After all of this, this morning I felt fantastic, or at least as much as one can while yawning and trying to shield bright light from their eyes. For the first time in a while I was able to get out of bed without any trouble. I was dressed and ready to go in about 15 minutes.

After I got to school, I decided to get some breakfast. Though I had plenty of time to do so at home, the thought of how hungry I was didn't occur to me until that moment. As I walked around, passing by the Arbor Grill food court, I was wondering just what it was I wanted. I glanced toward Sierra Hall off in the distance, and it was like I had a vision. I made my way to the Sierra Center food court and walked directly and purposely toward the back counter.


I bought myself a breakfast burrito. This picture does absolutely no justice to show just how damn well this place makes breakfast burritos. Seriously, for a college campus they are big, filling, and well worth the price. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, sour cream, salsa, peppers and onions and all the Tapatio hot sauce you want all for $4.00 (well, at student price I should point out). Added with a biscuit covered in butter and some strawberry jelly, a banana, and some orange juice, my total was $7.89. Not bad in my opinion, especially since it was better quality than anything an under $4 breakfast some crap place like McDonald's will give you.

After this amazingly good breakfast I headed to the library. Tuesdays and Thursdays are like that for me. My class doesn't actually start until 11:00, but my brother and sister both have earlier classes so I'm obligated to get to school as early as them since we share a car. However, that works out well since I just spend the few hours waiting in the library or walking around.

I just watched the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 -- again. Yep, that's right. I watched it last night, but I just had to see it again. This movie looks like it's going to be so epic and awesome. I'm a huge, HUGE Harry Potter fan and have been since I was eleven. If you haven't seen the trailer then go see it now here!

It really is a beautiful morning.

0 comments:

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers