Sunday, January 23, 2011

"The Fall of House Atlantic"

This is it. After years of turmoil and suffering, Wilhelm Ryan's hold over Heaven's Fence is coming to an end. The devastating attack on his headquarters and the subsequent loss of his right hand man Mayo Deftinwolf have out the Supreme Tri-Mage on the run. The only thing that he ever feared was the Crowing -- the messianic messenger of God that would ultimately save Heaven's Fence by destroying it, and stop Ryan along with it.

With General Deftinwolf dead and Ryan escaping, House Atlantic easily falls. And with that, the story's ending begins with the appropriately titled "The End Complete I: The Fall of House Atlantic."

T"The End Complete" series is no where near the quality of epic songwriting that was "The Willing Well" series of From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness. They're a lot shorter and more light hearted. However, they still have some good moments of rocking out. Unfortunately, this song is not one of them.

This review is short, because there's really not much I can get into about this song. I once said there wasn't a Coheed song I didn't like. Well, I was wrong. I've forgotten. I've never been much of a fan of this song, because it's... well, boring. It's repetitive, uninteresting, and frankly disappointing. When I first heard the title of this song, I suppose I was expecting something more epic.

0 comments:

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers