Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mike Starr 1966-2011

It was two days ago, but for some reason I just got the news today. Mike Starr, the former bassist for hard rock/grunge band Alice in Chains, died of a drug overdose on Tuesday, March 8, 2011.

As requested by Alice in Chains, I'm not going into any details concerning his death. Look that up yourselves, there are plenty of sources around the Internet. All I have to say is rest in peace. Starr's death rings a bell. I'm talking of the death of his old friend and the band's original singer Layne Staley in 2002.

Staley's death was obviously much more publicized. I have a feeling Mike won't be getting that luxury, although maybe that's for the best. It's a sad state of affairs... seeing Mike go out in the same way Layne did.

Have a good evening, everyone.

1 comments:

Kate Weber said...

It makes me sad when people get so lost in drugs and depression and whatnot that they overdose. It makes me wish I could do something more for them even though I've never met them before.

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers