Sunday, March 13, 2011

Guest Blogger - Katie

Hey, everyone! Today, I present my first ever guest blogger. Kate, over at Simply Kate, has agreed to write a guest post for me. Check her out today if you haven't before! The title of her blog is so fitting. I'm proud to call her my girlfriend!

Enjoy reading!

*********************************************

Hey there readers of World Between the Lines! I’m Katie from Simply Kate! (I’m also Kevin’s girlfriend. He’s kind of amazing, isn’t he?)
 

My blog is, like the title suggests, simply about me. I write about my life, my impressions, my ideas, thoughts, and quirks. My mind bounces from one point to another, always wanting to try this thing or that. My blog is very much the same way. So while my life is hopping from day to day, my blog is following along excitedly!

1. What was your favorite toy as a child?

My grandma bought me a stuffed animal rabbit from a 7-11 convenience store. I slept with that rabbit until I was 18. I just couldn’t part with it. I carried it with me everywhere when I was younger. My 3rd grade teacher actually told me not to bring it to school anymore after sharing her for show and tell four times in a row.


2. Describe the most ideal vacation you’d like.

Climbing into the car with someone I love, a stocked cooler of sandwiches and fruit in the back and a case of amazing sing-along music between the seats. We would hit the incredible and the goofy sites along the road, taking pictures the entire way. We would cities and mountains, strolling down streets and hiking wooded paths. It would be all about exploring the world around us, eating amazing food and just making memories together. Ideal is just a few weeks to hit the road and see what there is to see. Perfect.

3. What is the worst food you’ve ever eaten?

When I was 13, I went to the fanciest restaurant in my home town with this young woman’s group I belonged to. The dinner was meant to teach us etiquette. Apparently it is rude to refuse a food you know that you do not like. I’m not a fan of mushrooms. I expressed this to my leader, but she insisted that I eat it. I forced myself to eat a bite of these tiny mushrooms that had been cooked in some strange, milky sauce. It was so terrible that I rushed from the table and nearly threw up in the bathroom. I don’t like mushrooms.

4. If you could be a part of a fictional universe, which would it be and why?

Middle Earth, without question. I love all of the beauty of that world. I would love to live among the elves in Rivendell and Lorien for a time, or stay in a hobbit hole, or explore Minas Tirith. It would be amazing to visit the ruins, and even visit the great city of Dwarrodelf. I’m gushing. But there is so much of that world that would be incredible to experience in more than words and movies.


5. What’s your favorite style of music?

It’s hard to pinpoint just one. I like so many different kinds of music. Let’s make it simple: If I can easily sing-along to it, it’s my favorite.

6. Name one of your fondest memories.

This is such a hard question to answer! There are just so many amazing moments. I suppose I’ll just pick one. My dad recently reminded me of a time when he took me fly fishing. I loved going fly fishing with my dad. We always has a wonderful time driving to the creek, hiking along through the canyon and spending the day hopping from hole to hole seeing if we could catch anything. Before we called it a day, I asked if we could hit my favorite hole. There was another fisher already there, decked out to the max with fishing gear. He was just about to give up on the hole, but I was determined to try it anyway. He stayed and chatted with my dad as I cast my line in a few times. And sure enough, I caught a nice, big trout; a twelve year old girl in sneakers caught a fish in a hole where a pro couldn’t catch anything. It was a pretty awesome day.

7. Now, the all-important question… Pirates? Or Ninjas?

Pirates. They have all that swagger and booty. We’d get along well. I’ve got swagger and a whole lot of booty.

*******************************

Thanks again, Katie! :) Also, I recently wrote a guest post on her blog, which you can visit here.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Aw I love Kate!

Kate Weber said...

Thanks for letting me guest blog for you, Kevin! And thanks for posting for me!

Lauren said...

@Katie: I love the photoshopped lotr poster. And I also choose pirates over ninjas.

Daniella Robin said...

you two belong together..

Take out a Subscription

Photobucket

Followers